Mindfulness for Busy Managers – A Taster Session
Friday 17th May 11.00 – 16.30. Watford Quaker Meeting House, WD17 4QB
As a busy manager, you may feel overwhelmed by your workload, travel and relentless change. Maybe you have impossibly high expectations of yourself which doesn’t help! Like me, you’ve probably tried To Do lists, delegation, Pareto principles and productivity apps.
But still we feel that there must be a better way of working & living. I believe that Mindfulness can give us life-long skills to be happier working in intense business cultures.
Mindfulness is a hot topic these days. Many of you are already starting to explore it. Mindfulness is increasingly recognised as an effective way to reduce stress, enhance emotional intelligence and handle difficult thoughts and feelings. I know the benefits it has given me and I’ve seen it’s effectiveness in busy managers, like us, working in pharma.
So what is Mindfulness?
A- Awareness of what is happening in the present
B – Being comfortable with what is going on in your mind and body
C – Compassion for yourself as well as others
And it’s not connected to any religion, involve sitting cross legged or chanting (unless that’s your thing)!
Curious to know more? Come along to our taster session!
1 day Mindfulness Taster Session
This one-day taster session, run by Sharon Leighton and Sue Weston, introduces a mindfulness approach to our busy working lives. Sue brings her unique enthusiasm, expertise and inspirational teaching to the day. She has been living and teaching mindfulness for many years so I am delighted to be associated with her.
The venue, The Quaker Meeting House in Watford, is convenient to major railways and motorways and has free parking available. This course is non-secular so is open to people of many faith or none.
Key Facts about the Course
- Friday May 17th: 11.00 – 16.30
- Location: just off M25 (Junction 19/20). Held at Watford Quaker Meeting House Farm, 150 Church Road, Watford WD17 4QB
- £60 (before 1st May), £75 after 1st May. £100 corporate rate
Who the course is suitable for?
- Anyone working in an intense workplace environment who wants to develop a calmer approach and learn to relax more effectively
- Newly appointed managers who want to develop mindfulness-based stress management and relaxation techniques
- Anyone wanting to try out some of the basic mindfulness skills before taking them further on a longer course
What You Get From The Course
- Expert tuition, lunch and refreshments
- Support materials: CD, DVD and course notes.
For More Information email – Sharon Leighton
To book now